Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I should never be left alone

in the Shop...I came in very early the other day to catch up on everything I missed while I was on vacation. I should have known with Sister Kay and Shop Daughter in charge that there would be nothing to do. Sorry baby Cory, but Sister Kay is Employee of the Month for March. I don't think you'll mind since you're Employee of the Month every other month. Kay had a wonderful time visiting with all of my wonderful knitting friends!

On this first day back from vacation, however, I was alone in the Shop and I took a long tour of my knitting books and fondled all of the yarn that came in while I was gone and the other new Spring yarn that came in when I didn't have time to play with it. And, if I can sum it up simply...I really have great taste in yarn!

A new shipment of Classic Elite Spring yarns came in. Now, I've not had Classic Elite before, but I decided to look into it because our beloved Pam Allen left Interweave to become the Creative Director for Classic Elite some time ago. And, she has once again made her mark. The designs are beautiful and so are the yarns! Check these out...

Soft Linen - this yarn is an alpaca, wool, linen blend that knits up at 5 1/2 stitches to the inch. Isn't this a beautiful hoodie?


Sundance: This light worsted cotton/microfiber blend feels wonderful and the colors are rich and vibrant.


Summer Sox: I couldn't order from a new yarn company without ordering a sock yarn and Summer Sox is a beauty. It's a merino/cotton/nylon blend and comes in solid and variegated colors.


Sprout: This is a chunky weight 100% organic cotton yarn that is as soft as it is beautiful. It's one of the first chunky weight cottons I've seen that isn't a thick and thin. Check out this pretty little number:


There are so many things I want to make!

In knitting news...our amazing, beautiful, heirloom Great American Aran Afghan is done! You may remember that I designed a signature square. Just back from the embroiderer; here are a few samples:


Every artist should sign their work and they look beautiful, don't you think? I have a new afghan project in mind so if you are interested, stop by and I'll show it to you.

Our baby sweater class went great and here's Molly's. She worked so hard to have it done for the baby's shower.


I didn't get in as much knitting as I wanted on my vacation, but I did manage at last to almost finish the Medallion Tunic. All I have left is to sew in one sleeve and the side seams!


And last but certainly not least...it's almost Peep Fondue time! If you missed last year, you can read all about it here. I'll let everyone know the date soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home