Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Happy New Year!

Even though I've been very, very busy mismanaging the biggest uncampaign in the state of Illinois history, I've managed to get quite a few things accomplished over the last month.





I knit Santa a beard.







I made doll sweaters for my two darling granddaughters. I wish I could also take credit for the spectacular skirts, but alas, they were the made by the amazingly talented, Georgann.















I gave Dad the stocking for Christmas...


and he liked it so well, I decided to make him this.


It's the Latvian Vest by Kieran Foley from the latest issue of Knitty.com. Dad's going skiing in France tomorrow and I wish it were done. He'd look just grand sitting around the fireplace in this beauty. Since it doesn't have sleeves, I should have it done soon. There will be other ski lodges this winter he can look grand in.



I made this mitten for my knitting class. And no, it doesn't have a mate!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think only Santa's elves were busier than you in December. What beautiful pieces!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home