Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pretty Cute, Isn't He?

When Amy came for class, she brought in Elijah whom she was knitting for a coworker's toddler. I'd never seen this little guy and I was immediately obsessed. Had to have one.

Here's my Elijah. He's knit in Cherub Kaleidoscope DK. He didn't take very long to knit, but since it's a fussy little pattern, I decided to hold a class. Although it's a fussy pattern, it's very ingenious. Ysolda Teague is very clever. He's knit all in one piece and new techniques to learn are the lighter circular cast on, short rows, and picking up stitches in odd places.


And because I'm nuts, I'm also holding a class to knit two socks at the same time on double pointed needles using a century old pattern. Should be lots of fun!

I'm cooking on Dad's vest.



I know it looks kind of small, but thanks to the miracles of blocking, it will fit. I'm really happy with the colors. Many thanks to all of my color consultants!

1 Comments:

Blogger Knitterary said...

The vest is stunning! And the colors are working up perfectly!

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home