Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Friday, February 06, 2009

Wooly Booly!

The Latvian Vest for Dad is oh so done! I was concerned about the fit as my gauge got a little wonky once I started knitting, but I kept on keeping on and finished in pretty record time!

In order to get the most of my blocking, I used a Wooly Board. Having never used one before, it took a bit of time to put it together, but my oh my was it worth it!

Wooly boards have been around forever and are used to block fair isle sweaters. They stretch the fabric just enough to flatten out the knitting and make a beautiful fabric and as a bonus for me, I was able to get enough inches for my lovely vest to fit Dad!


Here's a picture of "jumpers" being blocked on wooly boards from the Shetland Museum:


I love knitting! There's always something new to try.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

It's gorgeous! He's going to LOVE IT.

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! You're a rockstar knitter!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home