Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Friday, April 04, 2008

"Drizzle, Drazzle, Druzzle, Drome:

time for zis one to come home!"

I hope I'm not the only one who remembers Tooter Turtle's plea to Mr. Wizard. It is indeed "time for zis one to come home." It's been a long time, but I'm going home for the weekend to see my family! Home, if you didn't know is Wilbraham, Massachussetts. Wilbraham is the home of Friendly Ice Cream and is a suburb of Springfield which is the birthplace of basketball, the Indian motorcycle, Dr. Seuss, the Duryea automobile, the first National Armory, Smith and Wesson and Granville Brothers airplanes. Quite a legacy isn't it?

As always, Cory will be in charge while I'm gone. She's having Open Knitting on Saturday, April 6 from 4:00 p.m. to whenever and she's opening the Shop on Sunday at noon. Stop by and say hey to her and have her show you all of the new Spring yarn! (I just got a big box from Tahki/Stacy Charles this morning.) Make sure she doesn't get too cozy; I'll be back on Tuesday.

Here's the progress on my two latest:



You haven't seen this one before. It's the VIP Cardigan by Charlotte Morris from the Best of Interweave. I've been coveting it for a long time and have just enough Debbie Bliss Cathay to make it. The yarn was supposed to be the intarsia Flourish by Kim Hargreaves, but when I pulled it out the other day to do a row of intarsia, I changed my mind. Given that there was just enough yarn, it seemed to be destiny.

This one is the Medallion sweater from the Spring Vogue I showed you a few weeks ago using Cascade Pima Tencel.



I'm working on both at the same time so I don't really consider them two projects I've started without finishing anything else. It's only one project I've started without finishing something else. My conscience feels better this way and yes, I really do know it's just a silly trick.

See you when I get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home