Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Afghan A Go-Go!

We're halfway done (as of next week) with the Great American Aran Afghan! We've completed 10 beautiful squares. Ten down, ten to go. Woo hoo!

See them all here.

And if that weren't enough, I now have the completed Great American Afghan on permanent display at the Shop compliments of my friends at Cascade. The Great American Afghan, like the Great American Aran Afghan, was first seen in Knitter's Magazine and was then published in a pattern book. Each square is knit in Cascade 220 and were designed by such notables as Meg Swanson, Lily Chin, Nancy Bush, Nicky Epstein, and Sally Melville.

It's really something and you should stop by to see it. Call or write if you're interested in classes.



The sale bins are full, full, full! I've received another gigantic shipment of Spring yarn and Miss Cory is desperately trying to make room for it all. There's another shipment due early next week! Miss Cory is freaking out.

One of the new yarns just in is Cascade's Pima Tencel. It's unbelievably soft and luxurious. Naturally, I've already picked out a pattern and I'm swatching for it as you read this! Here's what I chose from the Vogue Knitting Spring issue. Pretty magnificent, isn't it? I chose a raspberry color that is just to die for.



I know, I know, finish the Dale Baby Sweater! I'm getting to it, honestly I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home