Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

What a Whirlwind!

So much going on! First and foremost, the Yarn Harlot is coming! We are so excited to be hosting an evening with her. There are still tickets available so don't delay! All of the detailed information can be seen here. The Shop will be open on Sundays through March 30 from 12:00-4:00 for those of you who are making a road trip.

The Interweave Spring Knits Trunk Show is here and 17 of the garments from the magazine will be on display until Saturday, March 29.

The Spring yarn is starting to come in and I just received this big box from Lorna's Laces! Hurry in to see it before Cory takes it all home. Sadly, I can no longer trust her with new yarn. She squirrels it out of the Shop before it ever hits the shelves. I'm afraid I've created a knitting monster and by the way, she has very, very good taste.



Although my conscience (Theresa) would say I'm stalling on finishing the darling Dale of Norway baby sweater, I've accomplished quite a bit recently:

I started and finished this Zipped Vest by Veronik Avery from her book Classic Style. The zipper has been basted in and it just needs be permanently stitched. The yarn is Cascade 200 hand paint and I'm just thrilled with the colors.

To make sure the zipper went in nice and straight I basted the front closed. Do you remember the yarn with which I basted it? That's right, it's the yarn I chose for the Prince's never to be finished socks. To know why they'll never be finished, click here. I knew I'd find uses for it.



I made this felted clog:



I completed another square for the Great American Aran Afghan:



And we're almost half way done! Just for fun, I laid it all out today and I must say I do love it. The picture doesn't do it justice, but if you stop by I'll show you all the squares!


It's shaping up to be a great Spring.

1 Comments:

Blogger Knitterary said...

Your conscience is proud of you for finishing two things! The vest is fantastic, really just wonderful!

Theresa

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home