Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Good Sports and New Yarn!

The Superbowl wasn't the only place for good sports! If you missed the Nana's Superbowl party, you missed a great time of knitting and Karaoke! That's right, Karaoke! While some of you were slogging through the pre-game, pre-pre-pre-game chatter, those of you who joined me and Miss Cory at the Shop were knitting, eating chili and singing Karaoke to our brand new Karaoke machine.

Where else on earth can you go to knit and sing! Sadly, none of our singers will let me post their pictures - they sing like angels, but are terribly camera shy. Our rendition of "I will Survive" was so unbelievable, I think we should take the show on the road. Nana's Knittettes would be a sure hit!

I got two new yarn shipments this week and am having an awful time keeping my hands off it. Interlacements Tiny Toes sock yarn is here and I'm sure you will agree, it's drop-dead gorgeous.



Lots of Malabrigo arrived in worsted, chunky, and lace weight. Check out these colors!



In knitting news, my conscience (aka Theresa) is making me finish the Dale of Norway baby sweater before I cast on for something new which is sage advise, don't you think?



And with only one sleeve to go, that, my friends, will be tomorrow! Yeah!

In Charity news, I received this wonderful thank you from Linda Courts at Little Company of Mary for our first delivery of beautiful, soft boobs. Hooray for boob knitters! Don't forget to join us for another evening of charity knitting on Tuesday, February 26 at 6:30 p.m.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I firmly believe that we were all fantastic at Karaoke!! feel free to post any picture of me you want!

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That baby sweater is adorable! Could you tell me where you found that pattern?

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home