Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Winter Doldrums

Has the gloom and cold started to dampen your spirits? It certainly has dampened mine! And, if your house is anything like my house it's been all football all the time which is turning my brain and my creative juices to mush.

So with the creative help of the very talented Tornado Sisters, Eileen and Kelly, the Shop has been spiffed up and rearranged; and, to bring some much needed color and warmth into the drab days of winter, I have new yarn, mostly sock yarn in fact!

First, there's a brand new shipment of the glorious Dream in Color Smooshy:

Dream in Color Smooshy

Then, there's the brand new, all beautiful Great Adirondack Soxie:

Great Adirondack Soxie

Next up is Schaefer Anne and the brand new Schaefer Heather sock yarn:

Schaefer Anne

Schaefer Yarn Heather

Running the newly arrived Blue Heron Soft Rayon Twist through my poor cold fingers is a delight. These gorgeous colors come in a DK weight for a silky little sweater for the warmer weather that is sure to be here:

Blue Heron Soft Twist Rayon

I ask you, who can stay blue when you've got fabulous yarn on your needles in to die for colors that will keep your fingers busy and your toes oh so warm?

Stop by and see all that's new!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog thru links on Ravelry. I live in Arizona, but lived near Oak Lawn. So nice to see a blog for my original hometown area. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on moving back (visting for sure) in the Spring to Highland, Ind., so I'll definitely stop in.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home