Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

How Did This Happen?

How in heaven's name did it happen? Taking a cue from my friend, Theresa, I decided to go through my stuff over the weekend.

Because I consider myself a finisher, I didn't think I'd find much of anything sitting on needles. I knew what I was working on after all. I could see every project in my head and I knew, I just knew this was going to be a very short exercise.

I must be getting old because my memory has become very, very bad. I'm going to show you what I found and I'm starting with those things I completely forgot I ever cast on.

This little snippet is going to be the Flourish intarsia sweater by Kim Hargreaves. There are 64 intarsia flowers on it; oh yes, even the sleeves have flowers. It's being knit from Debbie Bliss Cathay. Even though I temporarily forgot about it, I know Sheila didn't! Note that there isn't a row of intarsia on it yet. I think 15 intarsia flowers would be more doable, don't you?


Where this little beauty was hiding is anyone's guess. It's going to be a lovely, lacy little vest made from Noro Aurora.

It was the thought of the sleeves on this magnificent sweater that made me put it "on vacation" for a while. It's been steeked and all it needs is sleeves and shoulders.


This little wristlet is the Bohus Blue Shimmer pattern. I started it in Susanna Hansson's Bohus Stickning workshop. Yup, that's a size 00 needle going on.

There's a new square. Spiders and leaves, pretty cute, isn't it?


And of course, there's the obligatory pair of socks. (No, my Prince, yours are not considered a work in progress. Yours are off the needles forever and you know why.)

There's the Forbes Forest scarf from Scarf Style in Bollicine Dolly:

Someone asked me if I could do the brioche stitch, so of course, I cast on this tam using 220 and Silk Garden:

There's the Debbie Bliss sweater using Blue Heron's Rayon Twist; cast on the day the yarn entered the Shop:


And last, but certainly not least are the two things I knew I was working on. Frankly, these are the only two things I knew I was working on. These are my current, can't wait to get 'em done projects, the only two I'm knitting regularly, the only two I thought I had got on needles.

The first is the Catherine Parr sweater using Cascade 220. Upon seeing the book, I dreamt about this sweater until it was on my needles:

And the "Oh, I love my sister so much, I'll just whip this up for her" sweater - Eunny Jang's Tangled Yoke sweater out of the magical, marvelous Venezia:


Having just finished the Swing Jacket,


I got all sassy thinking I could do two sweaters at once; what's the big deal? I'm the finisher! They'll both get done.

But then I stopped to start and finish THESE few things. Mittens for Eiley:


Another couple of boobs:

And Christmas ornaments for my pathetic little Shop tree:


Speaking of my pathetic tree, knit or crochet an ornament for it and take 15% off your entire purchase when you deliver your ornament! We'll be decorating the tree on Sunday, December 9 from noon to 5:00 p.m. Join us then for a great party, deliver your ornament and SHOP! We'll be serving some of Nana's traditional Swedish holiday dishes.

Can't make it to the party? Please deliver your ornament by Saturday, December 8 and SHOP then!

This project inventory exercise has taught me the following:
a. I now know where all my needles are;
b. My memory is totally shot;
c. I'll swing at anything anyone wants to knit with me;
d. I'll easily justify knitting with any new yarn that comes into the Shop;
e. And, last but not least, I'm not the finisher I thought I was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home