Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

She Said Yes!

I've been reserving this Blog until I was sure...

But I found out that she did, in fact, say yes! I didn't want to jinx anything by telling the story before the yes was confirmed.

It was the day before Sweetest Day and it was almost closing time. The door opened and in walked Tom. I've met Tom before so we chatted for a minute and then he told me the reason for his visit.

"I'm asking my girlfriend to marry me tomorrow and I want to hide the ring in sock yarn. She loves making socks."

"Wow! That's really something," I said.

So we picked out sock yarn; lots of sock yarn. Off Tom rode into the sunset with an engagement ring, a heart full of excitement and a giant bag of sock yarn.

Isn't that romantic!

At long last, Tom and Melissa came into the Shop and I finally found out for certain that she said yes!

Tom, may you get lots of hand knitted socks and may they warm your feet as much as you warmed the hearts of knitters everywhere! Congratulations and best wishes to you both.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaawwwww. that is sooo sweet.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww.. thanks for posting our story! Nana's will always hold a special place in our hearts :) :)

-Melissa & Tom

7:06 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

How romantic! i would probably swoon if my hubby came home with yarn from the LYS that he picked out. What a man she has!!

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home