Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Bursting with Pride!

The first Great American Aran Afghans are done! We had a finishing party on Sunday and everyone brought in their afghans.

Joan, Barbara and Patrice had sewn theirs together. Patrice even finished her border!

Here they are:This is Patrice's.


This is Joan's.

And, this is Barbara's.

Aren't they magnificent? I wish I could take better pictures because these don't really do these heirlooms justice. They are the prettiest things I've ever seen and the talent that went into them is amazing.

Mary, Joanne, Mary, and I are done with our squares, but we have to put them together and put the border on. There are many others who are well on their way to completion too!

So, now that it's over, my wonderful knitting friends, have been asking, "What's next?"

Barbara suggested another afghan from the Great American series and she said she was particularly curious about the Great North American Afghan. As I'll always bite at a new project, I ordered the book.

Here's a crummy picture of the book cover. I innocently put copies of the book on the table and watched to see what would happen.

Wham! Lots of people are interested and so once again, I will be offering classes in this afghan. We will start in July and again, we will do one square a month.

If you are interested in joining us, stop by the Shop.

Don't forget to enter Nana's Talent Competition! Click here for details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home