Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

"Yarn Harlot Day..."

is much more fun when the Harlot is actually here," said my friend Theresa.

And she was so right! Unlike the first time around, the weather cooperated, although the skies got a little angry at times; no one to my knowledge smashed their rental car on the way to the Hilton; no one spent the evening with a certain Mr. Jameson in the hotel bar; and, all of the lights on Cicero seemed to be working.

Stephanie came to the Shop to knit with us which was a wonderful treat:


That's Diane Marie sitting next to her in the beautiful shawl.



These two terrific women have been celebrities here at Nana's forever. Mae, on the left appeared on the Harlot's blog and is now nationally, maybe even internationally famous! Ah, we knew her when.


As always, the Harlot was funny, charming, and insightful and so much has been written about her and our fabulous event, I know not what I can add!

However, not everyone knows Team Nana! Without their help, I'm not sure what would have happened. If you saw me on Friday, you saw a crazed woman. The day was so extraordinary, it was surreal. Team Nana kept me grounded and focused and I want to thank them all for their support.

Meet Theresa and Catherine.


Theresa, on the left, managed the book signing line and ensured that everyone had an opportunity to spend a little time with the Harlot. She stood for so long, she got a blister!

Catherine, on the right, made sure the Shop was Harlot ready and stayed late to tidy up. Thanks so much, Theresa and Catherine!

Aleta and Becca were our official greeters! Becca is mother to baby Miriam who also did a heck of a job greeting knitters!



And, the amazing Aleta in the blue top below, filled a role I didn't even know we needed! She took all of the pictures of knitters with the Harlot. Camera after camera, she made sure everyone who wanted a picture of themselves with the Harlot had one. Aleta, you must have been exhausted!


Beth was the official Harlot photographer and she took over 200 pictures! Thank you Beth and I hope your vacation is going great.



If you bought the Harlot's book at the Hilton, you met these two financial wizards, Eileen and Tammi:


Aren't they terrific?

Did you see those beautiful sock sacks? My friend Georgann made each and every one of them. Talk about talented. Georgann does it all and does it all beautifully.


Here are Georgann's sacks. We gave one to the Harlot and she loved it!



Here's my long suffering Sister Kay. Kay made sure everyone's name was spelled correctly for the book signing. She helped in the Shop, tidied up with Catherine and made sure my sanity stayed intact. Poor thing looks pooped, doesn't she?


And what Nana's event would be complete without this little urchin?



That's everything she's ever knit that she's wearing. Quite a fashion statement, isn't it?

Here's more members of Team Nana!


In the inimitable words of Hillary Clinton, "it takes a village." It takes a village to raise a child and it takes a village to raise a yarn shop. I am eternally grateful to all of the wonderful people I have met. It has been a privilege indeed. Thank you all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the shawl/wrap you were wearing on the Harlots blog. I love the looks of it. Could you please tell me where I can get the pattern ?
Thanks, Rosann
rhermann@frontiernet.net

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a pleasure and an honor to be able to help. Thank you for having not one but two Yarn harlot events for us to enjoy.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home