Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Julianna - Welcome to Illinois!

She walked into the Shop around 5:30 on Friday. She looked a little breathless, but was wearing a huge smile,

"I made it," she said, "and I didn't even get lost."

"That's great," I said, "Where where you coming from?"

"I just moved to Norwood Park from Florida today! Yours is the first knitting shop I've visited in Illinois."

"Wow!" I said, "All the way from Norwood Park and we're first on your list? That's very flattering."

We chatted while Julianna perused the Shop. She had come from the Tampa area to Chicago for a new job and naturally all of her yarn was still packed. She bought some Malabrigo and some needles and came up to the cash register to pay.

When she gave me her EMail address for our mailing list, I recognized it right away. "You're coming to see the Harlot, aren't you?"

"Yes," she said, "and I can't wait."

"Well, if you haven't started your job, come by early next Friday. We're having a party and you never know who might show up."

"I'll check my calendar," she said. "I knew I was meant to see the Harlot when I saw that her visit coincided with my arrival in Illinois!"

"Uh oh," I said, "You're here for the Harlot, aren't you. You're a week early! She won't be here until next Friday, the 20th!"

"I thought the Shop looked a little quiet to be Harlot Day."

Julianna took the news in stride even though she had come such a long, long way. Florida to Norwood Park to Oak Lawn, all in one day!

Julianna, I hope you had a safe trek back to the northwest side and we can't wait to see you again next week! We're thrilled you're here and welcome to Illinois!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dutch not German is said...

Thank you so much for your warm welcome! I love your store and I met some wonderful people. I had such a great time BOTH friday's, both with and without the Harlot! I'll see you soon.
- Julianna

8:45 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

Thank you for welcoming Julianna! I was very sad to see her leave. We worked together in Florida and she passed on her love of knitting to my daughter and myself and I have, in turn, created a tiny little cult of knitters in my family and friends. Glad she found a haven so quickly.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home