Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Legacies

As parents and grandparents, we try to provide our children with legacies, don't we? We try to impart the best of ourselves, share our experiences and wisdom, and hopefully leave our children with fond memories. My dear Nana taught me to knit and so I taught Miss Cory. My wonderful parents tried to bestow on us their sense of optimism, honesty, hard work, and impeccable manners. We have wonderful memories of summer vacations, the New York World's Fair, neighborhood Christmas caroling and homemade floats for the annual 4th of July parade.

My Prince too believes in legacies and recently decided to share one of his "firsts" with our two grandsons. Here's a picture:


That's right, he took our two grandsons to a Kiss concert. Apparently, his first concert at the ripe old age of 16 was a Kiss concert. Fascinatingly enough, this concert was at West Point of all places. Back in the day, West Point was host to all kinds of outdoor rock concerts. Can you imagine any such thing happening today, post 9-11?

Of course, he asked me if I would like to go with he and the boys to this momentous event, to which I responded,

"Oh honey, I'd rather you pull my fingernails out one by one with pliers."

My first concert was Van Morrison so as you can see, we had radically different adolescent taste in music.

Here's my eldest, enjoying the show:

Papa is building fond memories for our darling kids; this one is a memory full of elderly men in makeup spewing blood and running around the stage in platform shoes, but a fond memory just the same.

For all of you Mr. Ben fans out there: he recently snuck away without my knowledge and apparently went to Paris. He's been lounging around ever since, obviously basking in his own fond memories.

1 Comments:

Blogger Knitterary said...

How sad is it that your sock monkey has a more interesting life than I do? lol

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home