Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Changed My Mind

This week I was going to sing the praises of Cascade's Alpaca Lace because it is absolutely beautiful and because I'm making this out of it:

This is the triangular shawl from Knitted Lace of Estonia and I'm just 2 repeats away from finishing the center. I adore knitting this and it is so surprisingly easy and a very quick knit. The pattern repeat is only 8 stitches and every wrong side row is purled! I don't really even need the chart - I just use it to start my rows and whip across.

I making mine in a soft gray and the Alpaca Lace is magnificent. It's only going to end up using two skeins and it is embarrassingly inexpensive.

With that said, I was perusing magazines today looking for the perfect project for Classic Elite's Princess yarn and was thrilled to find two! Princess is a wonderful blend of merino, cashmere, and angora. It's so incredibly soft and I've been dying to get my hands on it.

Here are the two sweaters I'm crazy about (today).

The first is the Vogue Knitting Winter 2010 cover sweater.


It's a lovely little cable/Fair Isle number. It's a little too dress-like for me so I'm going to change the pattern. I'm going to eliminate the Fair Isle border on the bottom and the pockets, and I'm going to shorten it up to tunic length. The sleeve border is seed stitch so I'll do a bottom border of seed instead of the Fair Isle. I'm seriously thinking of doing the same colors because I think they fit nicely.

Here's option number two and I think it's adorable:


It's from the Winter issue of Knit Simple and while the picture blurs the details some, it's a broken rib cardigan with a slight ruffle at the bottom and on the sleeves.

Princess will be perfect and I'm planning to use the cobalt blue.

Check these out!

Miss Cory made these adorable Elf Shoes by Pamela Wynne of Flint Knits and she's going to teach a class starting on Friday, February 12. Check out the details at the website. I'd say they are for an intermediate beginner. You'll learn how construct the shoes, short row shaping and a very clever toe technique. You'll also learn all the ins and outs of felting.

1 Comments:

Blogger k_purls2 said...

I love that tunic dress too! Sock Pixie has a munchkin slipper pattern for babies that uses up leftover yarn. I was playing around with the pattern this weekend for a baby shower, so it is funny to see this blog post today. I wanted some for myself. LOL
http://sockpixie.blogspot.com/2008/02/munchkin-slippers.html

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home