Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've been making Thanksgiving dinner for a very, very long time and I must say, I'm rather tired of it. My darling daughter told me last year when I wanted her to have it at her house,

"Oh, Mom. You're going to cook Thanksgiving dinner until you're either too infirm or you're dead. Love your stuffing."

My eldest grandson (who eats nothing but peanut butter and hamburger) told me last night that he was looking forward to turkey and mashed potatoes this year. But, I know the underlying message was, "Don't skimp on the rolls, just in case."

So for all of you out there preparing to cook Thanksgiving, I feel your pain. I, for one, plan to knit all day Friday as a reward. I do have a certain vest that needs knitting. I'm also having a big SALE now through Saturday so be sure to join me. A little shopping, a little knitting will make that big sink full of dishes worth it, don't you think?

P.S. As you know, Mister Ben has been behaving very badly lately. Here was his reaction when I told him yesterday that there was no room at my Thanksgiving table for a bad monkey.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home