Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Whew! That's A Lot of Knitting

We are making significant progress in our Botanica Medallion class. Everyone's medallion is done and the outer band knitting has begun.

Here's mine:



I'm close to finishing the outer band which currently measures 42 inches! The yarn is one of my all time favorite cottons - King Tut. The drape and sheen of this yarn is just beautiful and the pattern by Shiri Mor is very clever. I'm can't wait to wear it!

I'm also working on the Origata Pillow for the steeking class in August. The pattern calls for cotton, but I'm using another of my favorite yarns, Dolly, because the range of colors is amazing and my new couch is brown and gold!

This is the front:


And here is the back:

See that little section up the middle? Those are steeking stitches and right smack up the middle is where we're going to cut the back open!

If you've ever thought about making a a fair isle sweater, this class is perfect. It's a small project using little yarn and you'll learn all of the techniques you'll need to make a fair isle cardigan! You'll learn how do a provisional cast on, how to knit fair isle, how to carry your floats, how to read a chart, and last, but not least, how to steek and finish your cut edge!

In other knitting news...

I had an opportunity to see one of my students' completed Aran afghans in it's natural habitat and so I've asked all who have finished it to send me a picture showing me where it lives! What a difference it makes seeing these works of art in someone's house rather than on my knitting table!

Here is Patrice's completed afghan. Doesn't it look beautiful?


Speaking of afghans...we've all chosen our colors for the Great North American Afghan which we'll start at the end of this month. I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to starting a new one! I've really missed making a square a month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home