Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Shown Up Again!

So, several of us started the lovely Catherine Parr last winter.



It's been a casual knit for most of us; we've taken the "oh, it will be done sometime" attitude about it. And of course, we had to fool around with the pattern which has taken time.

Pat joined us one afternoon for Open Knitting and both Tracy and Theresa were knitting the sleeves for said Catherine Parr. My Catherine Parr is naturally buried at the bottom of my knitting bag under the rest of the projects I have going just screaming to see the light of day. Oh, and mine, surprisingly enough needs sleeves.

"What a beautiful sweater," Pat said, "How long have you been working on it?"

"Oh, almost a year."

"A year? Are you crazy? I wouldn't take a year to make anything! I want to make it, but it's going to be done long before a year is up, I can promise you that."

That was just a month ago...



Pattern: Catherine Parr by Alice Starmore from Tudor Roses - out of print.
Yarn: Cascade 220

I wish I could say that the Catherine Parr is all Pat's finished recently. She and her charming sister Karyn finished their Gullris sweaters (mine's done too, just so you know.)



Pattern: Gullris Cardigan by Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton from Araucanian Leisure
Yarn: Cascade Venezia Worsted

Aren't they amazing?

Tracy finished her Gullris too! Geez Tracy, I wish you hadn't made me cut your head off for this picture!



Yarn: Tahki Sierra

Tracy also finished the Salt Peanuts!



Pattern: Salt Peanuts by Veronik Avery from The Best of Interweave Knits
Yarn: Cascade Venezia Worsted

Ann finished the Pearl Buck Swing Jacket a long time ago and has finished many, many other things, but every time Ann comes in wearing one of her beautiful sweaters, I get so excited, I forget to take her picture! Not this time, though.



Pattern: Pearl Buck Swing Jacket by Kate Gilbert from The Best of Interweave Knits
Yarn: Bollicine Dolly

I know some pretty incredible knitters, don't I?

Eeeeek! Look what snuck into the Shop this week! My darling Lilla!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After seeing this, I am totally convinced that I am just a little 'dinghy' in an ocean of fabulous knitters. I shouldn't even sit at the same table as all of them! :D Bethany

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home