Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

What's on your needles, part deux

Kristen is making Veronik Avery's Gentleman's Scarf from Knitted Gifts using Fresco and it's really coming out lovely. She's making it for her Dad for Christmas - yes, she's got a plan for 2010 and it's well underway.


Also from Knitted Gifts is the Transitions Hat and Scarf that Joyce is making:

Many of us are still plugging away on the Great North American Afghan - we've got 6 squares done already! It's been a really fun project and if you're in the Shop ask to see them. We're working with 5 different colors and using Fair Isle, Intarsia and slip stitch color techniques. Six down, 18 to go!

Kamaca is making Ysolda's Liesl using Noro's Furisode yarn and it's really beautiful. I'm just sorry I don't have a picture of it. Speaking of Liesl, Kristen's is hanging in the Shop; stop by and see it before she takes it home.

Joan just finished Veronik Avery's Zipped Vest from Knitting Classic Style. She used Cascade 220 handpaint. We took it to Stanley's Tailoring here in Oak Lawn to have the zipper put in. They did a great job so keep them in mind if you need a zipper put in one of your knitted projects.


Chris, Joann, and Pam are knitting EZ's Surprise Jacket and their yarns and colorways are so different they don't even look like the same garment.

So, there's a sampling of what some around here are knitting!

As for me, I'm very lace obsessed right now and while I'm still knitting a sweater and afghan squares, I'm also knitting lace. I just finished this from Knitted Lace of Estonia:

It's the Scarf in Leaf Pattern. The yarn is Alpaca Lace.

I've now started this from Ravelry - the Haruni by Emily Ross.

Wow, right? I've also joined a group on Ravelry called 10 shawls in 2010 with the obvious goal of knitting 10 shawls this year. I must be out of my mind...

Shawl number 3 will be the gorgeous triangular Conifer shawl by Kate Gagnon Osborn from the latest issue of KnitScene. It's done in a worsted weight yarn and I'm planning on using one of my all time favorites - Venezia by Cascade.

Number 4 will be another Nancy Bush from Knitted Lace of Estonia. I'm crazy about the lily of the valley pattern.

So very busy...

1 Comments:

Blogger k_purls2 said...

OMG! so you've gently encouraged me to get cracking on my sleeves for Liesl!

And I'm so loving haruni!

And I'm jealous of Knifty Red's giraffe and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Aaron would love me if I knit that up for him.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home