Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Friday, September 07, 2007

It's Official!

I am Cory and I am a knitter! Before my mother opened the Shop, I could barely cast on. But now, I'm a knitting fool. I finished my first sweater about 2 months ago and am hooked on top down sweaters. It's quick and easy and the possibilities are endless.

I will be making my husband a sweater for Christmas, the Cobblestone Pullover from the fall Interweave. I've picked a beautiful Cascade 220 heather green/blue. I've made the obligitory Clapotis out of Blue Heron soft twist rayon and it's STUNNING.

I knit up a pair of socks out of Dream in Color, ahem, my own pattern. I've made too many hats to count, a pair of Fetching fingerless mitts, several pairs of legwarmers, a thong for a friend's wedding, a felted tote, the Argosy wrap, attempted intarsia, completed one Jaywalker sock and started two sweaters for my girls.

The Clapotis, Blue Heron Soft Twist Rayon


Argosy Wrap, Noro Kureyon

Wicked, Malabrigo kettle-dyed worsted

And now, now I'm teaching. Yes, I am teaching wonderful women how to knit. Not only am I teaching these women how to knit, but already 4 of the 8 women I've taught have come back and are still knitting. Two women are taking my Argosy wrap class. It is such a wonderful feeling. Knowing that I have helped these women learn this craft that has been around for centuries. To know that someday very soon these women will pick up their needles and smile knowing that their latest project will ease the stress of the day and quite possibly become a family heirloom. Each stitch is created with love regardless of how tiny the project is.

From start to finish our hands run over every inch of the yarn and are we responsible for what it becomes. It simply amazes me and I am proud to be a knitter. I am proud to a be a teacher, I am proud that my mother opened the Shop, and I am most proud to know all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home