Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Waiting for My Muse

I'm very late posting my blog this week because I wasn't feeling inspired. I think it was just too cold.

And then on Saturday, in walked my Muse...

Ann has been knitting for as long as I have and has seen the fashions come and go. One day when she was in the Shop, she told me she found a striped mini dress she had knit when she was 16. Twiggy wore it on the cover of Seventeen magazine and Ann made it when the pattern became available. She told me she'd bring it in to show me and I suggested that she wear it in!

And so on Saturday, she did. Unbelievably amazing. The dress was like a T shirt with multi-colored stripes of pink, turquoise and orange. It had short raglan sleeves and it was knit, as Ann always does, perfectly. Being some kind of orlon blend, it was also in perfect condition (not that age 16 was that long ago).

Now, this bears repeating - Ann WORE the dress into the Shop! She had on the dress with a black leather belt, black hose, and black boots. The dress fit her like a glove and she looked absolutely amazing - what a figure! The things you see when you don't have a camera. Oh, how I wish I had a camera!

I asked her what she was going to do for the rest of the afternoon and she told me she was going home to clean house.

"Clean house?" I asked incredulously. "You have to go somewhere! Take your husband out to lunch or something - this dress must be seen. Twiggy's got nothing on you!"

Ann, I hope you went somewhere fun in your spectacular dress. After you left, my pants felt way too tight and I swear I could feel my thighs rubbing together.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

By wearing it to your shop she did wear it somewhere special and fun! It was a great look for her and she's only one of many inspired by you.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Footnote: Steve (aka The Prince, aka Rob) just read the blog and said, "Who's Twiggy?"

"She never wore a football helmet or cleated shoes so apparently you wouldn't know. You missed something incredible on Saturday, Mister. So there."

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur. I did wear it somewhere special: YOUR SHOP! I never would have worn it without your encouragement. Your sense of fun is contagious. Count me in for the knit-a-long.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home