Nana's Knitting Shop

Knitting tales of a lifelong knitter
and yarn shop owner.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Roman Holiday, Baby

Sarah B.: The first time Sarah walked into my shop, my mother immediately said to me in my head, "My goodness, isn't she a tall, beautiful drink of water?" My mother used to call me a tall drink of water, but at 5'5", I learned pretty quickly that it wasn't true.

But Sarah is indeed a tall drink of water. The Summer Vogue Knitting came out and as I perused it, I saw Roman Holiday. Other than Shannon (who is also making this dress at my urging), the model wearing it in the magazine, and Audrey Hepburn, there are far too few people on Earth on whom this dress would look more perfect. I EMailed Sarah immediately and told her she had to come to the shop.

She came in and bought the yarn for it. Ah, Cascade Fixation, one of the few yarns in the world from which you can make a dress and not have a butt poof the second you sit down. And so affordable - the whole gorgeous dress cost $79 with tax!

Well, Sarah came in today with her prize dress, the back almost finished. WOW! (Shannon has the back of hers done too!)

Sarah perused the shop and stumbled upon a little bootie that I had made as a model from the Debbie Bliss The Baby Knits book. Sarah doesn’t have children yet, but knits for friends who do.

She opened the book, came upon this darling little suit, and said, "This is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Oh, my God! I'M OVULATING RIGHT NOW!"

She bought the book, she bought yarn and I said "Tick, tick, tick."

What comes first the darling little things you can knit, or the little darling?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home